Monday, April 21, 2008

Reconciliation

I'd like to take back some of the unkind things I may have said about Rilo Kiley's most recent album, Under the Blacklight. I still don't think it's as good as More Adventurous, but it also isn't really as bad as I thought to begin with. Actually, some of the songs on it are pretty darn good. There have been very few records coming out that I feel like recommending lately. Visiter by The Dodos is pretty awesome. Also, Colin Meloy (of The Decemberists) put out a live solo CD that isn't half bad. The newest Raconteurs album is also highly recommended. Other than those, I haven't heard anything really exciting in a while.
I've got an interview with the Amity corporation on Thursday, so wish me luck. If I get this job, I could very well be going back to Japan. That's exciting!

No comments: