Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Favorite Albums of the Decade

Okay, it's time. I'm going to try to limit this list to ten records that I listened to and loved consistently over the whole course of the decade. There are others that I've only recently discovered that are superb, but I'm only going to list the albums that have been absolute favorites.

10. Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

9. Icky Thump - The White Stripes

8. If We Can't Trust the Doctors - Blanche

7. The Crane Wife - The Decemberists

6. Castaways and Cutouts - The Decemberists

5. No More Kings - No More Kings

4. The Shepherd's Dog - Iron & Wine

3. This Side - Nickel Creek

2. Not All Who Wander are Lost - Chris Thile

1. White Blood Cells - The White Stripes

2 comments:

Anon Amos said...

WOW! ANOTHER NO MORE KINGS FAN..DID YOU HEAR THEIR SECOND RELEASE? NOT AS GOOD AS DEBUT BUT TERRIFIC NONETHELESS

Unknown said...

I agree. There are some great songs on the new record, but the first one was a little better.